Today we’re focusing on the well-received new IP from Bethesda which blends first-person action and stealth combat in a unique game world.
- A mixture of stealth-action and combat, very much a part of the lineage of Thief, System Shock and Bioshock.
- Freeform gameplay which allows the player to direct the pace and style of the gameplay.
- Comes from Arcane studios, creators of Arx Fatalis.
- Co-Creative Directed by Harvey Smith (Deus Ex) and Raf Colantonio (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic).
- Voice talent including: Susan Sarandon, Carrie Fisher, Chloe Moretz, Michael Madsen, John Slattery and Lena Headey.
- The game world, Dunwall, is a distinct steam/diesel-punk world with Elizabethan era influences.
- Visual Design Director is Viktor Antonov, art director from Half Life 2 who created City 17 (the feel of which is noticeable in the game).
- An array of supernatural abilities not dissimilar to the plasmids from Bioshock.
- A game-length which varies from quite short to quite long depending on what the player wants and how much they wish to delve into side-quests.
- Bethesda-published game, the creative force behind The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register