Well, it’s out today, and is one of those titles there’s been some confusion about, so let’s set the record straight on Firaxis’ latest.
- This is not the XCOM game which is a squad-based shooter with that 1950s vibe from the last couple of E3s.
- This is a direct descendent of the classic 90s XCOM series of strategy games, and is being handled by modern gaming’s brightest lights in strategy gaming – Firaxis Games (Civilization, Pirates!).
- The first reviews are all lighting up positive, with hard-to-please strategy fans seeming to be taking the new release quite well.
- It’s a turn-based strategy game for PS3, 360 and PC where you control a squad from a birds-eye view and plan the strategy of the overall war.
- You’ll get to name each of your recruits and let them grow skills over time, unless you let them die.
- Very flexible difficulty levels, with modes suitable for newcomers to strategy and hardcore old-school PC X COM fans.
- It’s the first time the franchise has hit consoles.
- It’s a 30+ hour game, with over 70 missions in all – a meaty, long-term experience.
- It’s out today.
- It has it’s very own launch trailer here.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register