Let’s go back in time a little and take a look at what the big games were in 2006, when Nintendo’s Wii console was first launched.
The launch lineup this time around looks very different, so it’ll be interesting to see which titles perform without a Zelda game in sight.
Below are the NPD charts for the Wii’s week one, which was Week 49 in 2006:
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – Nintendo
- Wii Play (with Remote) – Nintendo
- Red Steel – Ubisoft
- Rayman Raving Rabbids – Ubisoft
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz – Sega
- Call of Duty 3 – Activision
- Cars – THQ
- GT: Pro Series – Ubisoft
- Need for Speed: Carbon – EA
- Monster 4×4 – Ubisoft
The above charts reflect total unit sales, and include Collectors’ Editions, bundles, GOTY editions etc, but not games which were bundled with the console itself (hence no WiiSports).
Thanks to NPD Group for supplying the data.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register