The winners were announced at the Women In Games Lunch presented by Xbox in Sydney today.
24 finalists across seven award categories were narrowed down to seven winners at the 2017 MCV Pacific Women In Games Awards presented by Xbox. The awards were judged by a panel of ten senior industry members for the first time.
This year’s awards also included a special Xbox Australia Scholarship with ‘Trailblazer winner’, Emilia Chignola, receving a sponsorship to attend GDC 2018, including the Microsoft Women In Games Lunch and a host of other activities throughout the week.
Here are your 2017 Women In Games Awards presented by Xbox winners;
- Business Achievement of the Year – Clara Reeves, President, Hipster Whale
- Creative Impact – Brooke Maggs, Co-founder, Burning Glass Creative
- Unsung Hero – Fiona Murray, Finance Manager, Surprise Attack
- Innovator – Maru Nihoniho, Managing Director and Game Designer, Metia Interactive
- Campaigner – Dr Jennifer Hazel, Co-Founder, Check Point
- Outstanding Achievement of the Year – Lisy Kane, Co-Founder, Girl Geek Academy and Producer, League of Geeks
- Trailblazer – Emilia Chignola, Producer, Two Lives Left
A huge congratulations to all of this year’s finalists and award winners.