Opened by City of Port Phillip Mayor, Bernadene Voss and hosted by Rae Johnston, the St Kilda Town Hall played host to the 2018 AGDA’s last night.
Continuing from last year, the event took the strategy of recognising a volume of games, rather than choosing to divide them across individual categories.
Speaking to Develop Pacific, GDAA spokesperson, Issy Pattison said, “This years Awards showed the full breadth, scale and talent of the Australian Games Industry. We are incredibly proud of all the applicants and award recipients”
Alongside the studios and games recongised at the event, industry members, Giselle Rosman and Liam Esler were honoured for their contributions to the industry with the Adam Lancman and Industry Champion Awards respectively.
We would like to extend a massive congratulations to all of the night’s winners. With out further delay, here are your 2018 Australian Game Developer Award Winners:
- It will be hard – Hien Pham
- That Boy Is A Monstr – Sav Ferguson
- Super Starfish – Protostar Games
- The Adventure Pals – Massive Monster
- Paperbark – Paper House
- Earthlight: Lunar Hub – Opaque Space
- Florence – Mountains
- Rumu – Robot House
- Industry Champion – Liam Esler
- Adam Lancman Award – Giselle Rosman
- Game of the Year – The Gardens Between – The Voxel Agents
- Studio of the Year – Team Cherry