Last night, 120 of the industry’s best and brightest descended on L’Aqua in Sydney for the first annual Esports Pro Oceania Awards.
A total of 14 awards were presented across community voted and panel judged categories. In addition CyberGamer COO, Steven Sams was presented with the EGAA Unsung Hero Award, and Blizzard’s PJ Russell, was inducted as our first ever Esports Pro Oceania Pillar of the Industry.
We will publish a full Facebook gallery shortly, but with out further delay, here are the winners from the first ever Esports Pro Oceania Awards.
Community Awards presented by Respawn Ninja
- Player of the Year – Conrad ‘Shockz’ Rymarek
- Best On-Air Personality – Andre ‘SkimmyNZ’ Allchin
- Team of the Year – Mindfreak
- Community Tournament of the Year – AEM – Australian Esports Masters
- Rookie of the Year – Daniel ‘Hoowoo’ McIntosh
- Play of the Year – Mindfreak
- Best Esports Coverage Stevivor
- Esports Journalist of the Year – Joab Gilroy
- Broadcast Team of the Year – ESL
- Best International Performance of the Year Award (Team or Player) – Blank
Elite Achievement Awards
- Best Esports Organisation – The Chiefs
- Best Esports Live Event of the Year – IEM
- Best Overall Tournament – IEM
- Best Publisher Esports Campaign of the Year – Ubisoft
- EGAA Unsung Hero – Steve Sams
- Esports Pro Oceania Pillar of the Industry – PJ Russell