In front of a packed Ivy Ballroom last night, 17 Awards were presented across three segments.
Microsoft took home the lion’s share of awards, claiming Best Single Brand Engagement for Xbox Stay & Play, PR Campaign of the Year for Xbox One X and Marketing Campaign of the Year for Sea of Thieves. Additionally, their agency, Ogilvy Public Relations won PR Agency of the Year.
Whilst Microsoft dominated the Communications Awards, Activision, who also won Sales Team of the Year, received the night’s highest honour, Publisher of the Year. The win comes on the back of a massive 2017 for the publisher with Call Of Duty: WWII and Crash Bandicoot finishing in first and second on both the Australian and New Zealand annual charts. In total, Activision claimed 16 weekly number ones in Australia and 17 in New Zealand. 2016’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Destiny 2 also performed strongly across the period.
Five Star Games claimed back-to-back nods for Distributor of the Year, with JB Hifi once again scoring Retailer of the Year in one of the closest results to date.
Microsoft’s Jeremy Hinton and IGEA’s Raelene Knowles were inducted as Pillars of the Industry, joining Ron Curry, Michael Ephraim, Edward Fong, Darren Macbeth, Mark Goodacre, Janet Carr, Steve Wilson and Guy ‘Yug’ Blomberg in our prestigious list.
A huge thank you again goes out to all of this year’s sponsors, PlayStation, IGEA, Red Bull, Bethesda, Fandom, Steelbook and Turtle Beach, and all of you who made it such an amazing night.
Here are your 2018 winners!
Retail and Sales Awards
- Online Retailer of the Year – The Gamesmen
- Digital Platform of the Year – PlayStation Store
- Audio Accessories Brand of the Year – Plantronics
- Controller and Accessories Brand of the Year – PDP
- Buying Team of the Year – JB Hifi
- Sales Team of the Year – Activision
- PR Agency of the Year – Ogilvy Public Relations
- Marketing Agency of the Year – Magnificent Nerds
- Best Event Execution – PAX Australia 2017
- Best Single Brand Engagement – Xbox Stay & Play
- Best Trade Marketing Execution – Monster Hunter World
- Community Team of the Year – EB Games
- PR Campaign of the Year – Xbox One X
- Marketing Campaign of the Year – Sea of Thieves
Elite Achievement Awards
- Retailer of the Year – JB Hifi
- Distributor of the Year – Five Star Games
- Publisher of the Year – Activision