Microsoft’s E3 press conference was one of the mightiest display’s of first-party platform support ever, the Xbox Game pass never looked so good so let’s dig right into the announcements!
Platform Exclusives include;
Marking the return of Master Chief, developers 343 Industries has provided a glimpse into the future of Halo. The new demo features a brand new engine that 343 has developed to support the production of the most Ambitious Halo game yet. With very little to work from, the facts are;
- Master Chief is back
- A brand new game engine combined with one of the most well-rounded franchises in gaming history.
- A trailer demonstrating a broad, living world, full of creatures and mystery, the game set after the events of Halo 5.
Gears of War
Alongside the main franchise release Gears of War 5, two more Gears title’s have been revealed, a Funko inspired Gears Pop game, and Gears Tactics, a “true PC strategy game where brutal action meets turn-based tactics.”
- Three Gears of War Games announced
- Gears of War 5
- Gears Pop
- Gears Tactics
- Gears Tactics is set before the event of the original Gears of War
- All Gears games are set for release in 2019
Forza Horizon 4
After the overwhelming reception of Horizon 3, set in our very own Outback, the Forza Horizon series is heading back to the motherland, letting players race around the shores of Great Britian;
- Forza Horizon 4 will release on October 2, 2018, for Xbox One and PC.
- A part of Xbox Game pass, and Play anywhere, one purchase will give players access to the game on both Xbox and PC.
- Drivers that players see in the open world are said to be real people, this is a change to Horizon 3 which used player Avatars.
- Racers/Drifters/Stuntmen and more will race around in the United Kingdom.
Read in the voice of Terry Crews… “Crackdown is back baby WHoooo!” Ehem… Microsoft has dropped it’s loudest trailer for E3 2018, giving gamers a good look at Crackdown 3, a game it hopes will “will redefine what it feels like to play games.”;
- Set for a February 2019 release, Crackdown fans have been waiting a long time for the upcoming action game.
- Raegent Games, Sumo Digital, and Cloudgine are all working on the title.
All the above games will be available through Xbox Game Pass upon release, these games in addition to the already wide range of titles available through the service create a deal for gamers unseen in previous generations.
The reveals didn’t stop there, however, read on to learn more about the rest of the announcements from Microsoft’s 2018 E3 Press Conference;
Cuphead; The Delicious Last Course
Getting its first add-on since launch, Cuphead players will get the perfect excuse to re-visit the wacky world of Cuphead, this time playing as the all-new character, Ms. Chalice.
- New enemies and bosses will be part of the add-on, alongside new character Ms. Chalice.
- The Update is set to release Spring 2019.
The Division 2
Sequel to The Division, Ubisoft’s rendition of a mass casualty chemical attack on the United States results in the activation of Division agents, soldiers set to turn the tides of a hurt America, and where better to have the fight than the capital itself;
- Set in Washington DC, The Division 2 will see agents take control of their country once more.
- Massive Entertainment, Red Storm, and Ubisoft Reflections are developing the game, the same teams as the last series entry.
- Following up on it’s tactical approach to RPG combat, agents will have to work together and use the fallen capitals terrain to eliminate your foes.
Devil May Cry V
Dante and his signature flair is back, and alongside his return is Director Hideaki Itsuno, heading up the development of the latest addition to the Devil May Cry franchise;
- Touted as a “true” sequel to the last numbered entry in the series.
- Players will get to play as three lone demon hunters, each offering a radically different playstyle, fighting against a new demonic invasion as humanity’s last hope.
- The game launching for PS4, Xbox One and PC in Spring 2019.
Dying Light 2
Get ready to run, the horde is back once again, and you’ve only got your legs and a little ammunition to get to the safe house, the choices you make in this latest announcement will have big consequences on your playthrough, so choose wisely… but make sure you choose fast;
- Dying Light 2 put’s a much bigger emphasis on the danger of your fellow man, the night isn’t the only threat anymore.
- Chris Avellone and Techland are developing the title.
Just Cause 4
Rico is back in force, packing his full suite of gadgets, now customizable, the Grappling hook we know an love returns, glide and parachute your way through the wak of your own destruction in this action-packed sequel to a bombastic franchise;
- Dictatorship destroyer Rico returns to bring explosive balance to a new continent.
- New weapons, new vehicles, new boats, jets, cars, bikes, buggy’s, *breath in* lots of new stuff coming alongside the new location.
- Set for a December 4 release, fans don’t have long to wait to put up with their grappling hook withdrawals.
Weave your signs, eat your devil fruit, go super saiyen 2, and remember the names of your enemies in Jump Force, an anime crossover brawler. Featuring popular anime Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Death Note, the new title will see players go toe to toe as their favorite characters, and work together to defeat even more dangerous foes;
- Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Death Note are featured Anime series found in Jump Force.
- Jump Force is set for launch in 2019, heading to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sora is joined by Donald and Goofy to stop an evil force known as the Heartless from invading and overtaking the universe. Through the power of positivity and friendship, Sora, Donald and Goofy unite with iconic Disney-Pixar characters old and new to overcome tremendous challenges and persevere against the darkness threatening their worlds;
- New and old Disney worlds will feature within Kingdom Heats 3, these worlds include Frozen, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Wreck it Ralph.
- Set for a January 29 release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
4A Games blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, nonlinear levels and follow a thrilling storyline that spans an entire year through spring, summer, and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter;
- Artyom returns, the staple protagonist from previous titles, players will once again get to play as the legendary ranger.
- Metro Exodus looks to give more freedom to players in every aspect of play, more customization, more choices found in larger more open maps.
- Set for release on February 22, 2019, launching onto Xbox One, Playstation 4, and PC.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
The highly anticipated sequel takes players back to Ori’s immersive world, dynamic combat mechanics, gripping enemy encounters and challenging puzzles are all to be found in this beautiful story-driven adventure.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps releases on Xbox One and PC in 2019.
Sekio: Shadows Die Twice
The latest announcement by From Software, legendary developers of the critically acclaimed Dark Souls & Bloodborne franchises, From Software are looking to put players into “A fantastical, dark and twisted new gameplay experience”.
- Scheduled for release in early 2019, launching onto Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
- Set in the Sengoku period in Japan, From Soft are excited to be exploring the era for the first time.
- Sekio is a brand new IP by From Software and looking at the success of Bloodborne, we trust that Sekio will be an important title in the coming releases.
With such a large number of announcements made already at this year’s E3, gamers have possibly the best year of up-coming releases to date.