The newest addition to E3’s huge line-up of publisher press conferences, Square Enix held its own conference this year, highlighting the massive year of releases to come. Games such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and an all-new addition to the Kingdom Hearts franchise are on their way, see all the announcements below;
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
With a refined gameplay focus, and an all-new gritty tone, fans old and new are sure to find the upcoming addition to the Tomb Raider franchise and breath of fresh air, featuring the return of swimming to the franchise, an all-new traversal system, as well as the most serious looking Lara yet;
- A refined focus on stealth, traversal, and puzzles, Shadow of the Tomb Raider appears to be a return to form for the Tomb Raider franchise.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider launches September 14, 2018.
The Quiet Man
A surprise new IP from Square Enix, looking to create a new way of story telling through incredible visuals, and deep characters. The Quiet Man is “an immersive story driven cinematic action experience seamlessly blending high-production live action, realistic CG and pulse-pounding action gameplay… …the motion picture like experience which can be completed in one sitting.”
- The full game will be digital only, only available through an online purchase.
- The game is being developed by Human Head, and will be available on PC and PlayStation 4.
Kingdom Hearts 3
The latest addition to the Kingdom Hearts franchise already has fan’s craving it’s release, teasing the introduction of newer Disney titles Frozen, Wreak it Ralph, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The game will introduce all-new Disney animated and live action characters into the Kingdom Hearts universe.
- The full game launches January 29, coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest 11
Released in Japan last year for PS4 and Nintendo 3DS in July last year, the game has already seen an increadible reception, with over three million units sold in the region over a four-month period.
- The game launches onto PS4 and PC this September 14.
- A Nintendo Switch version of the game is available for pre-order, though no release date has been confirmed.
The Awesome Adventures Of Captain Spirit
An addition to the Life is Strange series, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit follow a 10-year-old named Chris. Square Enix have said Capetian Spirit will contain “many secrets” and Easter eggs revealing information regarding the upcoming Life is Strange 2;
- The game launches June 26 as a free download for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Just Cause 4
Rico is back in force, packing his full suite of gadgets, now customizable, the Grappling hook we know an love returns, glide and parachute your way through the wak of your own destruction in this action-packed sequel to a bombastic franchise;
- Dictatorship destroyer Rico returns to bring explosive balance to a new continent.
- New weapons, new vehicles, new boats, jets, cars, bikes, buggy’s, *breath in* lots of new stuff coming alongside the new location.
- Set for a December 4 release, fans don’t have long to wait to put up with their grappling hook withdrawals.