The recently launched Wellington-based indie team at Starcolt are looking for a talented games programmer to join them in creating new and ‘unique, empathic experiences’.
The independent games development company seeks to create simulation games that make people feel, ‘whether that’s a giggle, or a flutter of the heart.’
We're searching the starry skies for an out-of-this-world Games Programmer to join our studio team! Come help us create unique, empathetic experiences in beautiful central Wellington. Please RT! 🌟🐎
— starcolt 🌟🐎 (@starcolthq) February 7, 2019
“We’re firm believers in the emotional power of games as a medium, and we’re working hard to bring you unique, moving experiences!”
Starcolt have outlined the required skills the right applicant must show, and included a list of added skills that would be a great addition to the team;
Core Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in game development in C#.
- Experience in using Unity engine and third-party tools.
- Experience in software development in a collaborative environment/part of a team working on a large project.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – you can get the best out of a creative relationship with designers, producers and artists.
- Experience shipping commercial titles.
- Demonstrable knowledge about and passion for video games, especially simulation games.
- Basic tech infrastructure and networking knowledge.
- Previous experience working on simulation games (management or dating simulations a plus).
- Interest in empathetic and/or narrative game experiences.
The full jobs listing, and application details are available to view on the Starcolt website.