Esports Games Association (EGAA) has been formed with an eye to unify the Australian and New Zealand esports industry.
The EGAA is dedicated to growing and further legitimising esports in Australia and New Zealand. It will work with players, teams, managers, organisers and sponsors, and aims to set and improve the structures and standards for the whole industry and help advance the Australian esports scene.
The vision of EGAA is for a unified, supportive scene that nurtures stability, growth and fairplay for esports in ANZ.
Among its initial services the EGAA will provide members with access to an industry conference, facilitate communication, networking, professional development and education, provide an avenue for engagement in esports for members with government and business, assistance in league and organisation structure and more.
The founding board of the EGAA is composed of highly experienced and engaged members of the esports industry in ANZ, whose backgrounds and skillsets represent the varied roles and pathways in the space. A deep knowledge and passion for esports is matched by a shared vision to support opportunities and growth through this inclusive organisation.
The founding members are:
- Chris Smith, Corsair – Board Member
- Daniel Chlebowczyk, Double Jump Communications, CouchWarriors – Board Member
- David Harris, Guinevere Capital, Dire Wolves – Board Member
- Eranga De Silva – Member Services Manager & Operations
- Jason Spiller, HP New Zealand – Board Member
- Josh Edwards, ViewSonic – Board Member
- Mathew Jessep, Jessep Entertainment & Sports Lawyers – Interim CEO
- Nick Vanzetti, ESL Australia – Board Member
For more information about the EGAA, including profiles of the founding members, its mission and vision, you can visit their website.