Rockstar Games are celebrating some huge wins after the release of Red Dead Redemption II over the weekend, which has achieved the single-biggest global opening weekend of all time.
The critically acclaimed game has sold more than $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days, making it the second-highest grossing entertainment launch, next to Rockstar Games’ previously released title Grand Theft Auto V which sold more than $1b in retail sell-through over three days.
Along with the retail sale benchmark, Red Dead Redemption II also achieved:
· Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
· Second biggest launch (three days) in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
· Biggest entertainment launch of 2018;
· Most pre-ordered full game ever on PlayStation Network;
· Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network;
· Biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
Red Dead Redemption II is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.