AUD$2.6 million has been allocated to Australian developers, with 21 games across the country receiving production funding.
The games include Loveshack Entertainment’s Framed (created by former EA Melbourne employees), educational game Knowledge Quest from Michael Woods’ Media Saints (Woods was one of MCV Pacific’s 30 Under 30 last year), genre-blending game Muse from Victorian-based Current Circus, Feng Shui Master from Many Monkeys (former Voxel Agents and Defiant Development crew), and TownCraft from Sydney-based Flat Earth Games (run by MCV Pacific’s own editor Leigh Harris and his brother).
Victorian games saw the bulk of the grant application successes, with 10 out of the 21 going to that state.
A full list of all the games and their descriptions can be found on the Screen Australia web site.
- Animal Dash (SA) Shark Jump Studios
- Animus (VIC) Playcorp Studios
- Assault Android Cactus (QLD) Witch Beam Games
- Big Baby (NSW) Big Ice Cream
- Blight of the Immortals (QLD) Iron Helmet
- Bonza (QLD) MiniMega
- Burden (VIC) Pixelpickle Games
- Defect: Spaceship Destruction Kit (VIC) Three Phase Interactive
- Feng Shui Master (VIC) Many Monkeys
- Framed (VIC) Loveshack Entertainment
- Gems of War (VIC) Infinity Plus Two
- Knowledge Quest Mobile (VIC) Media Saints
- Locomotivation (NSW) Garoo Games
- Muse (VIC) Current Circus
- Ninja Pizza Girl (QLD) Disparity Games
- Oscura: Adventures in the Driftlands (VIC) Chocolate Liberation Front
- Rotorhead (VIC) Trickstar Games
- Siegecraft Commander (NSW) Blowfish Studios
- Snow Spin (WA) Ezone
- Towncraft (NSW) Flat Earth Games
- Zombie Outbreak Simulator (WA) Binary Space