The Queensland Government, through Screen Queensland have announced the successful recipients for the inaugural Game Development and Marketing Investment initiative.
In total, $397,218 will go to support the development of seven Queensland games.
The new initiative has been designed to support Queensland based developers in creating and marketing high quality games capable of engaging a local and international player base, winning critical acclaim and achieving commercial success.
The inaugural recipients are:
- Toast VR’s Richie’s Plank Experience PSVR and Vive Focus
- Trick Shot Development’s Sky Squadron
- Cog Studio’s Nightmare VR
- Affable Games’ Speaking Simulator
- Screwtape Studios’ Damsel
- Lamington Games’ Super Drop Land
- An unannounced game by Team WIBY
Round two for the Game Development and Marketing Investment initiative will open in the second half of 2018.