Sony Interactive Entertainment has unveiled an official collaboration between NBA star Paul George, Nike Basketball and PlayStation with the PG-2 “PlayStation” colourway shoe.
Celebrating Paul George’s love of gaming on PlayStation, the new shoe takes it inspiration from the console’s DualShock 4 controller and the iconic symbols that have been a part of every PlayStation product.
Highlights of the collaboration include:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console.
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for PS4.
- The colours of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller.
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe.
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe.
On the collaboration with PlayStation and Nike, Paul George said, “I consider myself one of the biggest gamers in the NBA. Ever since getting my PS2 for Christmas as a kid, my game has gone with me wherever I go, so working with PlayStation was something that felt inevitable.”
You can check out the shoes and the launch trailer below.