At a sold out Ivy Ballroom in Sydney last night, Sony Interactive took out the night’s top prize, beating out Bethesda, Nintendo and Take 2 Interactive.
In total 70 nominees competed for 17 awards categories at the 2019 MCV Pacific Awards presented by Xbox.
In addition to the top prize, Sony Interactive Entertainment took home Digital Platform of the Year for PlayStation Plus along with Sales Team of the Year. Their three awards was the most of any company, in the most tightly contested MCV Pacific Awards to date.
Bethesda scored two wins; Best Single Brand Engagement – Industry for Rage 2 x Andrew WK at the 2018 JB Hifi Conference and Best Trade Marketing Execution for their Fallout 76 STACK Magazine Collector’s Edition.
JB Hifi also took home two awards; Online Retailer of the Year and Buying Team of the Year, but lost out to EB Games in the big one – Retailer of the Year.
EB Games also took home a second award, Community Team of the Year. One of the most tightly contested categories of the year, EB pipped teams from Bethesda, Rainbow Six Siege, Wargaming and Xbox.
In another extremely tightly contested category, 18Point2, which recently became Koch Media Australia, took home their first ever Distributor of the Year crown, ending Five Star Games domination of the category having won the award in 2017 and 2018.
The night also saw the induction of The Gamesmen and Bethesda Australia MD, Simon Alty as Pillars of the Industry. The two joined, Ron Curry, Michael Ephraim, Edward Fong, Darren Macbeth, Mark Goodacre, Janet Carr, Steve Wilson, Guy ‘Yug’ Blomberg, Jeremy Hinton and Raelene Knowles in our prestigious list.
A massive thank you goes out again to all our sponsors for this year’s awards; Xbox, IGEA, Red Bull, Bethesda, Five Star Games, Steelbook and ABP Technology.
Here are your 2019 winners:
Retail & Sales Awards
- Online Retailer of the Year – JB Hifi
- Digital Platform of the Year – PlayStation Plus
- Audio Accessories Brand of the Year – Turtle Beach
- Controller and Accessories Brand of the Year – PowerA
- Buying Team of the Year – JB Hifi
- Sales Team of the Year – Sony Interactive Entertainment
- PR Agency of the Year – Poem
- Marketing Agency of the Year – Magnificent Nerds
- Best Single Brand Engagement – Consumer – Assassin’s Creed Challenge
- Best Single Brand Engagement – Industry – Rage 2 x Andrew WK – JB Hifi Conference
- Best Trade Marketing Execution – Fallout 76 STACK Magazine Collector’s Edition
- Community Team of the Year – EB Games
- PR Campaign of the Year – Greaseproof Controller
- Marketing Campaign of the Year – Nintendo Switch
- Retailer of the Year – EB Games
- Distributor of the Year – 18Point2
- Publisher of the Year – Sony Interactive Entertainment