As one of the most promising new entries into the MMO space, we take a look at the key drivers of the recently launched Guild Wars 2.
Guild Wars 2
- It isn’t based on a subscription model. One purchase is all you need.
- Sold over 2 million units worldwide since its launch on 28th August.
- Guild Wars 2 has a Metacritic score of 91.
- Your choices determine how your personal story evolves; with thousands of possible variations, no two players will have the exact same experience.
- There are 5 races in Guild Wars 2: Asura, Sylvari, Human, Norn and Charr.
- Charr – Battle hardened warriors, or misunderstood kittehs?
- There are 8 distinct professions in Guild Wars 2. Each has its own unique powers and devastating attacks.
- The world of Tyria is one of the most beautiful and detailed MMO worlds out there.
- World vs. World: To find the Eternal Battlegrounds you must use an asura gate. These gates are conveniently located in every major city as well as the Heart of the Mists (PvP lobby). Once in the Eternal Battlegrounds you can join others players in laying siege to keeps and winning the fight for your world.
- The Catacombs revisited: If you beat the catacombs in story mode and are looking for a real challenge then try out the Catacombs in “explorable mode”. Be sure to bring a full party of the most experienced heroes you can gather.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register