NPD Group has supplied MCV with the list of top selling games for the first half of 2012, with Blizzard’s Diablo III taking pole position.
The vast majority of the titles which made the list were in fact released last year, with only Mass Effect 3, Diablo III and Max Payne 3 being 2012 releases which penetrated the Top Ten.
The full list of combined sales across all platforms for each title is as follows:
- Diablo III, Blizzard Entertainment
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Activision
- Mass Effect 3, EA
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda
- Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure, Activision
- Battlefield 3, EA
- Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Ubisoft
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Sega
- Saint’s Row: The Third, THQ
NOTE: This list represents units sold from 1st January 2012 thru 30th June, and is based on the total combined number including Collector’s Editions, Game of the Year Editions and bundles (not including those bundled with hardware), and does not include digital sales.
SOURCE: NPD Group Australia.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register