The charity streaming event will benefit You Can, the Sony Foundation’s youth cancer program.
You Can was founded in 2010 by Sony Foundation Australia to build specialized youth cancer centers for patients aged 15–25 to address low survival rates from lack of age-appropriate care. Since then, You Can has opened centers in Melbourne and Perth where young people undergo treatment with peers, attend counseling sessions, and, of course, bond over video games! Your fundraising efforts in Gaming4Life 2018 will go toward opening centers in Sydney and Brisbane.
Gaming4Life will run until February 19 with every streamer who reaches the below fundraising milestones is eligible to win the following prizes:
- $50 — limited edition Gaming4Life 2018 t-shirt
- $500 — limited edition Gaming4Life 2018 mug, plus a chance to win a PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller, PlayStation Game Pack, PlayStation PlayLink games pack, or Sony Extra Bass Headphones.
- $1,000 — Gaming4Life 2018 hoodie, plus a chance to win a Sony Extra Bass Portable Speaker.
- $2,000 — Gaming4Life 2018 limited edition socks, plus a chance to win a Limited Edition STAR WARS Battlefront II PlayStation 4 Pro console, PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB console, PlayStation 4 500GB console, PlayStation VR & PlayStation camera, Sony Digital Walkman, or Sony Selfie Camera with 30x optical zoom.
- $10,000 — the four highest fundraisers over $10,000 get a PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition console.
Donators have the chance to win a PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition console as well with every $10 donation, you are given one entry into the draw.