Trade Media is pleased to announce that its Women In Games program has returned for a fourth year.
Following the conclusion of the 2018 Women In Games Survey and extensive consolation with industry members and community representatives, Trade Media has again endeavoured to improve the program.
As in 2017, both the Women In Games List and Awards will focus on the achievements by industry members who identify as a Woman. Whilst there was overwhelming support for non-binary inclusion in this year’s list, which is in-line with our own thoughts for the program, following several conversations with community leaders and members, the concern of misgendering and dysphoria could outweigh any positive steps that inclusion may bring. Trade Media has been working with community leaders to foster and create an ongoing series across the network that focuses on under represented groups within the industry. The series, which has been made possible thanks to the additional support of Microsoft will kick off in early July this year. We will have more details on this in the coming weeks.
Continuing from last year, both this year’s list and awards will focus on the achievements of industry members who identify as a Woman over the past twelve months.
Both the List and the Awards will be judged by a panel of industry professionals. This year’s panel will be published later this week.
Nominations for this year’s List and Awards are now open. You can nominate yourself or a colleague here. Nominations will close at 5:00 PM AEST on Friday, June 29, 2018, with the list and awards finalists to be revealed in July.
2018 Women In Games List
In line with Trade Media’s re-launch of MCV Pacific late last year, this year’s Women In Games List will highlight the achievement of Women from across the industry sectors showcased within MCV Pacific, Develop Pacific, Esports Pro Oceania and The Influence. This includes, but is not limited to; publishing and distribution, retail, development, esports, content creation along with government and advocacy.
A total of 50 Women will be selected for this year’s list. Rather than creating individual lists for all four of Trade Media’s brands, the list will be balanced include members from across the above sectors.
2018 Women In Games Awards
Again, this year’s Awards will be open to all nominees, not just the 50 selected in the list.
For 2018 we have expanded the Awards to ten categories;
- Trailblazer – Business – This award recognises a leading up-and-coming talent from across Publishing, Distribution and Retail. Must be in full time employment for under 3-years.
- Trailblazer – Development – This award recognises a leading up-and-coming talent from development. Must be in full time employment for under 3-years.
- Campaigner of the Year – Recognises outstanding achievement across Charity, non-for-profit work and advocacy.
- Journalist of the Year – Outstanding achievement and advocacy in games journalism.
- Influencer of the Year – Outstanding achievement and advocacy in content creation.
- Esports Achievement – Outstanding achievement and advocacy in Esports.
- Business Achievement – An executive who has had a stellar 12 months driving a company forward and generating significant revenues.
- Creative Impact – Recognising talent in games development and design.
- Unsung Hero – Honouring the vital support roles in the industry, this includes but is not limited to; administration, HR, finance, QA, studio managers and PR.
- Outstanding Achievement – Honouring a Woman who has greatly contributed to the benefit of Women in the past 12-months.
As with the Women In Games List, this year’s Awards will be voted on by an industry panel. Winners from the 2017 Awards will be invited to be a part of this year’s judging panel and are ineligible for this year’s Awards. Continuing, winners from this year’s Awards will form part of the 2019 judging panel.
In addition to the above, Trade Media will present the “Shining Star”. This award is part lifetime achievement, part hall of fame and honours an individual that has consistently gone above and beyond to improve the industry and the lives of the Women within it. This is the only award presented Trade Media.
The Women In Games Lunch
The Women In Games Lunch will return on Friday August 10, 2018 at L’Aqua restaurant in Sydney’s Darling Harbour.
Trade Media is currently working to secure additional sponsorship to provide as many tickets to Women at no cost. If you are interested in supporting the event, we invite you to reach out to us.
Further information including final ticket pricing will be published in the coming week.
If you have any further thoughts or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .